About Health Management
The following is a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs). To read the answer to each question, please click on the question.
Health Management is headquartered in Naples, Florida.
Health Management Associates, Inc.
5811 Pelican Bay Blvd, Suite 500
Naples, Florida 34108
Health Management was founded in September 1977 in Louisville, Kentucky, by Joseph Greene, Richard Schnatter, Jeff Jones and James Cheek.
Founded in 1977, Health Management is a premier operator of acute-care hospitals throughout the United States. Health Management's mission is to enable America's best local health care. We have a consistent track record of transforming underutilized hospitals into superior medical centers. Health Management, through its subsidiaries, currently operates 71 hospitals in 15 states with approximately 10,500 licensed beds.
The company applies a proven formula for success in small- to mid-sized markets and seeks to:
- Improve operations
- Build a foundation for sustainable performance in a more competitive environment
- Implement initiatives to lead the industry in quality, service and customer satisfaction
- Develop, enhance and optimize our physician relationships through collaboration
- Maintain our traditional cost discipline
- Rationalize our portfolio of hospitals
- Invest in our core markets
- Develop strategic partnerships with other providers within select markets
- Actively pursue a strategic and disciplined acquisition strategy